1854 Pub and Eatery and Historic Broadalbin Hotel are located in the Foothills of the Adirondacks.
Images from around the Broadalbin Hotel's 1854 Pub and Eatery

History of The Broadalbin Hotel

The Broadalbin Hotel 1854 Pub and Eatery

Today the Broadalbin Hotel is the only hotel remaining, out of the three that were originally built. The brick portion is the original and was built in 1854. It was used as a glove shop by the firm Northrup & Richards. The wood frame was built in 1881 by Charles Boss and ran as the first Kennyetto Hotel. In September 1898, Dr. Finch opened a hospital and secured the services of a skilled Chicago surgeon Dr. Johnson. The hospital served as a drying out place for alcoholics and the surgeries that Dr. Johnson performed made the local undertaker a wealthy man. In June of 1904 the building was again opened as the Kennyetto Inn, the town's newest hotel.

About the Owner/Owners

Owners David and Zoe Thompson purchased the hotel in October of 2007. Both David and Zoe are teachers in the local public school system. They have lived next to the hotel with their four sons David, Zachary, Jeremiah and Christopher since 1987. When the opportunity came along, they decided to resurrect this beautiful landmark. David and Zoe saw one of their desires come true when the hotel was granted State and National Historic Recognition in March 2011. You can find the boys in the kitchen cooking as well as Dave and Zoe working the bar and tables.

1854 Pub and Eatery at the historic Broadalbin Hotel
59 West Main Street
Broadalbin, NY 12025
(518) 883-5414

Summer Hours:
Sunday - Monday Closed
(Lunches and Dinners)11am-close
Sunday (Breakfast Only) 8am-1pm

Entertainment of the Week

Saturday January 27th

Vinny Saj Band
Cover charge

Saturday February 10th

Stand Up Comedy Night